Thursday, October 18, 2012

Playing Catch up

I always told myself I wouldn't start a blog until I had a baby. Don't ask me why. Well, now that the little nugget is on his way I better get started before it never happens. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and feeling like it now too. I can't believe baby boy will be here in less than 6 weeks (I hope!) In the meantime, Mike and I have had so much fun getting ready for him. I've busted out the sewing machine and made a few things for him and we're finally starting to get his little room put together. As excited as we are for him to come, we're also enjoying our last little bit of time just as a family of two before he comes. 

I've been going through my pictures lately and feel like this is a great place to share. I don't always get around to posting them on facebook so maybe I'll be better about getting them up on here. Mike hates facebook and he also usually hates taking pictures. Soo..here's an update of our lives the past year or so through pictures..because that's always much more exciting than words. 


The benefits of being in Colorado the past couple years: Family always came to visit!








I got a new sister..and we love her!



Mike and I bought a new tripod for our Camera and had fun testing it out!



 See? Sometimes Mike gets grumpy about taking pictures!

Mike and I spent our Valentine's Day weekend in Estes Park



I found out that I'm pregnant! I'm due December 4th!

The morning I found out. I sent this picture to Britt 2 seconds after I woke Mike up at 5:30am! I think Mike was still half asleep.

 Mike is obviously STOKED about baby!

We saw his cute little profile at week 13. He's adorable!

We bid on this house and got it..but then had to back out because Mike got a job in San Francisco and not in Denver like we had (sort of) planned.


I finished my second year teaching with Teach for America at a Charter school in Denver.




I miss my little buddies so much already!


We visited the Saumwebers in Arkansas



Mike quit his job in Denver in June and didn't start his new job here until the first week of July. So, what did we do? We squeezed in a trip to Costa Rica.








For some reason Mike loved to put my sunscreen on like this




Britt and Ben Graduated from BYU-I


Trying really hard to show off my baby bump.

I love these babies!
Aaaand..last but not least, we moved to San Francisco in July
Mike drove the moving truck and I drove the Subaru and followed him. We bought walkie talkies and had fun talking like truck drivers to each other for our looooong drive :)

We live just north of the Golden Gate and go into the city almost every week for a date. 

Shannyl came to visit. I love her!

Mike just recently bought a wet suit. He's so excited to surf here...now he just needs a board.  

a
Aaaaand baby's still growing.

This is where me and baby go on walks a few times a week

It'll be nice to be able to look down and see my knees again soon. For right now all I see is a big belly.

I love this place. It's so green. My favorite walks are when there's fog outside like this morning. 
In Bodega Bay. We love driving up the coast and exploring.

And I'm officially huge. 6 weeks to go..but who's counting?



6 comments:

  1. Thats great Ash! I am so happy for you guys! I am glad you started this blog. I still thought you guys were living in Denver. When we come out to Cali for a wedding we are going to after the baby is born we should try and catch up! I'd love to meet to meet Mike and our little ones can meet as well :)

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful year you two have had! It seriously brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you two and so glad you are close by <3
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so sweet! I'm happy we're close by too :)

      Delete
  3. I luf this! Way to jump on the blog train Ash! I like the picture of you on your walkie. and all the other pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike said that picture was scary. Haha..it kind of is but I am obsessed with those walks..and someday they will be runs..with baby.

      Delete