Friday, July 12, 2013

4th of July!


First of all, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday of the year. I love the perfect weather and spending time with family. This past weekend was my favorite weekend of the year so far. It was just perfect. Mike got off work early on Wednesday and we drove to Santa Cruz to camp for the weekend.

I was a little nervous to take Wes camping because he's still really young but he was amazing. I'm not surprised. He has been a dreamy baby since the beginning. Our first night camping we got to the campsite when it was dark and we didn't see another family there the entire time. It was perfect. We set up camp and Wes went right to sleep and didn't wake up until about 7:30am. How amazing is that? The sun came up at 5:30 so I was totally expecting him to wake up super early. Nope. He wanted to make sure mom and dad got a good night sleep. Thanks little dude.

We packed up camp and headed to the beach. Mike surfed for a while and I watched Wes and a little parade that was happening. I fell in love with Santa Cruz. We literally want to move there ASAP. The people couldn't be nicer and more laid back and the weather was just amazing. I really could go on and on about all the things I loved there but most of all I loved the time I got to spend with my two favorite boys. Do you ever have those moments where you realize just how much you love someone? Well this past weekend was one of those special times. I love being away from home, away from distractions and just focusing on my family. We were pros at that this weekend. I just get so caught up in the craziness of day to day life and forget to just take a moment to realize how much I love and appreciate my life, my baby boy and most importantly my husband. 

After an afternoon of surfing we headed to our next camp spot. Wes fell asleep in the car on the way there and we were so happy he was asleep that we left the car running for 2 hours with the AC on. Mike and I set up camp and laid in our tent while Wes napped in the perfect napping climate. After a few hours of hanging out and napping we made our way to the Santa Cruz boardwalk. In  my opinion, this was the worst idea we made all weekend. Mike loved it though so I guess it was worth it...? We didn't stay long because it was seriously pure chaos. We ended our 4th by watching beautiful fireworks, eating riesens and sour patch kids and snuggling Wes. 

Wes fell asleep right away when we got back to camp and didn't wake up until 8am. Love this boy. We met up with one of Mike's old friends and we all got to surf. After surfing in Santa Cruz I am convinced that I love the ocean again. I am currently on a hunt for the perfect wetsuit for the freezing cold weather here and I am determined to surf as long as we live here. Because...why not?

We made our way back home Friday night and spent Saturday being lazy. We went to the fair here in Marin and had tons of fun. Sunday was another lazy day. We went to church then went on a drive by the Golden Gate and Fort Baker. We hiked up this hill that had some of the best views of Marin and the city. 

If I could I would relive this weekend every weekend. Since that's not a possibility I guess we have lots of camping trips and beach days ahead of us!


Just watching dad surf in his PJs because we are super lazy when we camp.
Check out those lashes.

We got this book last week and Wes won't put it down.
All Wes wanted to do in the morning was snuggle Mike. 
iPhone pics aren't the same but I had to share some of these (or re-share)






No comments:

Post a Comment